Posts tagged "Interface"28 posts
May 25, 2011
A new Projecturf enhancement allows you to quickly scroll through designs with the preview window open. When in the Designs section for one of your projects, open up a preview window by clicking on the design thumbnail or the magnifying glass underneath it. With the preview window now open, you can quickly scroll using the arrow keys on your keyboard or by clicking the arrows on the left and right side of the image.
This enhancement provides a fast and efficient way to view designs in your project management system.
May 18, 2011
Version 3.0 offers the ability to add multiple items into any section of Projecturf at once. By using the "Add Another" option when inputting records, you can include as many entries as you need to quickly get data into your project management software. Another benefit of using this feature is that it saves your settings for each consecutive entry. For example, if you are assigning multiple tasks to a user that have the same due dates, when clicking "Add Another" the responsibility, dates, and priority will be the same as the prior task. Therefore, all you'll need to do is fill in the new task description.
This usability enhancement is available in all project sections such as the Tasks, Calendar, and Document sections - to name a few. To free up more of your time and focus on getting things done, visit Projecturf here.
May 13, 2011
The latest version of Projecturf includes a major redesign of the user interface which allows you to open multiple projects at once by pinning your project tabs. When you open a new project, the tab will pin to the top of your screen for simple navigation between your projects, similar to how internet browsers work. You can open up to six projects at a time and also rearrange them in any order you prefer using drag and drop. The new design also offers new custom icons and full brand customization of the navigation bar using your company colors.
The latest UI enhancements provide more vertical space resulting in less scrolling, inline panels for visibility of your project data when adding items, quick search feature available in most sections, viewing active timers from anywhere, an uncluttered and user-centric layout, and quicker navigation throughout your project management software.
April 27, 2011
We have just released version 3.0 which is available to all new and existing customers. The new version of Projecturf has over 30 new features and enhancements and includes a major redesign of the User Interface.
Here is a list of several new features and functionality added in version 3.0:
- New User Interface which includes brand new icons resulting in a more modern look and feel, reduced vertical space for less scrolling, inline panels for better visibility when adding items, custom navigation colors, and a simplified layout.
- Advanced user permissions that allow you to set custom project level permissions for managers, staff, and clients. This includes hiding sections and setting read / write or view only access to each section.
- Custom subdomains have been added and therefore your new login address is: yourname.projecturf.com instead of projecturf.com/account/yourname
- Add multiple items at once by clicking add another in the add new panels to quickly enter any items. Available in all project sections.
- Pin up to 6 project tabs to the top of the navigation bar to easily navigate between projects similar to how internet browsers function.
- Drag and drop project tabs to order them based on your priorities.
- View all active timers from any section in the project and also with an icon on the project tabs.
- Run multiple timers at the same time.
- Set Global Calendar colors for each project from the project settings page.
- Add time to tasks and tickets directly from the task / ticket itself by clicking on the timer icon and entering your time.
- Quickly search for tasks and tickets when adding a new timecard. The results will auto-filter.
- View who has posted a ticket
- New support center with FAQ's, instructions on how to use each section, and more.
- Drag and drop calendar items from the Global Calendar while viewing all project schedules in one place
- Use the Global sections to make edits, add timecard entries and notes, and update task, ticket, and timecard entries
- Upgraded servers to add speed enhancements throughout the application which reduces page loading times
- You can now turn SSL security off if you'd like additional speed improvements
We're very excited about sharing Projecturf 3.0 with you and we hope you enjoy the new version and all Projecturf has to offer! We will be describing each of the new project management software features in more details over the coming weeks so stay tuned.
April 15, 2011
Although we've been hinting at several new updates that are coming soon, it's finally time to make the formal announcement for version 3.0. This is a major release which has been in the works for quite some time and includes many new features along with a refined user interface. We're very excited about how version 3.0 has turned out and look forward to sharing these updates with you. The very dedicated Projecturf team has been working extremely hard on building version 3.0 and delivering results well beyond our expectations. For those of you who have followed our progress for a while, you already know that Projecturf puts countless design and development hours into every enhancement and each version is a major milestone with tons of new benefits. Here is list of recent blog posts highlighting some of the major updates included in version 3.0:
- Projecturf Redesign
- New Timer
- Open Multiple Projects
- Custom Permissions
- Enhanced Support Center
Version 3.0 is scheduled for official release before the end of April. We've already shared some of the new project management software features that are coming in the previous posts and the rest will be discussed when we launch. Stay Tuned!
April 1, 2011
In the upcoming release, you will be able to keep multiple projects open at once. This will allow you to easily navigate between different projects which in turn will speed up your workflow and provide instant visibility into any projects. You can simply leave projects open on your screen or close them at anytime depending on which one's you are working on. This feature will be implemented in a straightforward and intuitive way using the Projecturf style you are used to.
This next release is a major update and will be available to all users. We've been adding new features and improvements along the way and have a lot in store for you! More to come on the new project management software features and enhancements - we plan to release this update in a few weeks and will provide an overview on all the new features at that time.
February 19, 2011
In the next few weeks, we're going to be making important hardware upgrades to support our growth. This update will have minimal downtime but will result in faster response times in the application. In addition to the server upgrade, here are several other significant updates planned for this upcoming release:
- New User Interface: a major redesign which enhances usability, adds customization options and new functionality, streamlines your workflow, and improves consistency across sections. And of course it will retain the distinct look and feel you've become accustomed to with Projecturf.
- New Permissions: you will be able to customize different types of user access for each project section as well as hide individual sections. The permissions are going to be part of the new UI and therefore will be released in conjunction with this update.
- Subdomains: your accounts will receive a unique subdomain instead of the custom URL for accessing your project management software.
- Speed Enhancements: hardware and software updates that will substantially enhance overall performance and improve page loading times.
There will be more details provided about these features and enhancements when they become available. We also have a lot of new features planned immediately following this release. You can continue to share your ideas and vote on your favorite suggestions on the request forum. More to come!
January 24, 2011
Projecturf version 2.2 is now live and all features are available to new and existing customers. This update includes speed and usability enhancements along with several new features such as calendar syncing, the #1 feature requested on the suggestion forum. Here's the list of what version 2.2 offers:
- Sync your events to any popular calendar program such as iCal, Google, or Outlook.
- Link to Box.net and Dropbox.com files or folders from the documents section. Simple integration that allows you to set permissions, collaborate, and share files with leading cloud hosting services.
- User-Interface improvements included removing buttons and consolidating them into action panels throughout the entire application for consistency and ease-of-use.
- Enhanced page loading times that significantly speed up the app when navigating or adding/editing items
- Added a privacy icon to identify records that are marked private
- New address book panel allows you to view all projects a contact is associated with
- Ability to remove contacts from all projects when deleting them from your address book
This project management software upgrade enhances workflow and adds flexibility for quickly and easily getting things done.
January 14, 2011
After setting up your schedules in Projecturf, you can drag and drop items on the calendar to quickly modify your plans. Once you are in the calendar section for a given project, you can start by filtering the calendar from the black bar to only show tasks or events.
The Projecturf calendar is an easy to use visual for rearranging your project timelines via drag and drop. This prevents you from changing the dates on each task individually as your deadlines start shifting. Simply click and hold on the item you wish to change and move it to another day on the calendar. The dates will update automatically as you move them around.
Realizing that project plans and timelines frequently shift, we have also included the functionality to extend or shorten your tasks and events on the calendar. To modify the duration, move your cursor to the right side of the task or event and your cursor will change into a right pointing arrow as shown below. Just click and hold to drag across your new dates. It’s that simple!
This project management software feature provides a visually appealing and easy-to-use scheduling platform to update your projects. You will save a significant amount of time revising plans and still remain focused on getting things done.
October 21, 2010
Additionally, you can see the full description of a task by hovering over the task on the far left. The chart is non-flash and therefore works on the Apple iPad and iPhone devices as well as in any modern browser.
The Projecturf Gantt chart is an easy-to-use tool for viewing project plans and resources and making important decisions for your businesses.