Posts tagged "Security"4 posts
Posted April 27, 2011
We have just released version 3.0 which is available to all new and existing customers. The new version of Projecturf has over 30 new features and enhancements and includes a major redesign of the User Interface.
Here is a list of several new features and functionality added in version 3.0:
- New User Interface which includes brand new icons resulting in a more modern look and feel, reduced vertical space for less scrolling, inline panels for better visibility when adding items, custom navigation colors, and a simplified layout.
- Advanced user permissions that allow you to set custom project level permissions for managers, staff, and clients. This includes hiding sections and setting read / write or view only access to each section.
- Custom subdomains have been added and therefore your new login address is: yourname.projecturf.com instead of projecturf.com/account/yourname
- Add multiple items at once by clicking add another in the add new panels to quickly enter any items. Available in all project sections.
- Pin up to 6 project tabs to the top of the navigation bar to easily navigate between projects similar to how internet browsers function.
- Drag and drop project tabs to order them based on your priorities.
- View all active timers from any section in the project and also with an icon on the project tabs.
- Run multiple timers at the same time.
- Set Global Calendar colors for each project from the project settings page.
- Add time to tasks and tickets directly from the task / ticket itself by clicking on the timer icon and entering your time.
- Quickly search for tasks and tickets when adding a new timecard. The results will auto-filter.
- View who has posted a ticket
- New support center with FAQ's, instructions on how to use each section, and more.
- Drag and drop calendar items from the Global Calendar while viewing all project schedules in one place
- Use the Global sections to make edits, add timecard entries and notes, and update task, ticket, and timecard entries
- Upgraded servers to add speed enhancements throughout the application which reduces page loading times
- You can now turn SSL security off if you'd like additional speed improvements
We're very excited about sharing Projecturf 3.0 with you and we hope you enjoy the new version and all Projecturf has to offer! We will be describing each of the new project management software features in more details over the coming weeks so stay tuned.
Posted February 19, 2011
In the next few weeks, we're going to be making important hardware upgrades to support our growth. This update will have minimal downtime but will result in faster response times in the application. In addition to the server upgrade, here are several other significant updates planned for this upcoming release:
- New User Interface: a major redesign which enhances usability, adds customization options and new functionality, streamlines your workflow, and improves consistency across sections. And of course it will retain the distinct look and feel you've become accustomed to with Projecturf.
- New Permissions: you will be able to customize different types of user access for each project section as well as hide individual sections. The permissions are going to be part of the new UI and therefore will be released in conjunction with this update.
- Subdomains: your accounts will receive a unique subdomain instead of the custom URL for accessing your project management software.
- Speed Enhancements: hardware and software updates that will substantially enhance overall performance and improve page loading times.
There will be more details provided about these features and enhancements when they become available. We also have a lot of new features planned immediately following this release. You can continue to share your ideas and vote on your favorite suggestions on the request forum. More to come!
Posted January 24, 2011
Projecturf version 2.2 is now live and all features are available to new and existing customers. This update includes speed and usability enhancements along with several new features such as calendar syncing, the #1 feature requested on the suggestion forum. Here's the list of what version 2.2 offers:
- Sync your events to any popular calendar program such as iCal, Google, or Outlook.
- Link to Box.net and Dropbox.com files or folders from the documents section. Simple integration that allows you to set permissions, collaborate, and share files with leading cloud hosting services.
- User-Interface improvements included removing buttons and consolidating them into action panels throughout the entire application for consistency and ease-of-use.
- Enhanced page loading times that significantly speed up the app when navigating or adding/editing items
- Added a privacy icon to identify records that are marked private
- New address book panel allows you to view all projects a contact is associated with
- Ability to remove contacts from all projects when deleting them from your address book
This project management software upgrade enhances workflow and adds flexibility for quickly and easily getting things done.
Posted February 23, 2010
We updated our download process and pushed it live today after testing it for several weeks with some customers. The new process is much better and from a customer perspective you'll see a difference is in a few areas. First, some obscure file types were not downloading correctly and in some rare cases, not at all. This update fixes that so all file types will download correctly now, regardless of their extension. Also, you'll notice a difference when you click a file to download it. Instead of some files just opening in the browser window, you will now be prompted to save the file to your computer first or open the file directly with the correct application (if it exists on your computer). This update forces a user to be logged into the system to be able to download a file, meaning your files are also more secure.
Please let us know if you experience any problems. Thanks for the support!